What is Hydromorphone?
Hydromorphone is a pain reliever medication, also known as dihydromorphinone. Hydromorphone is sold under the brand name Dilaudid. It is an opioid (narcotic) drug used to treat moderate to severe pain. It is not for long-term use except for cancer pain You can also buy Hydromorphone online for some other purposes at the recommendation of your doctor.
This medication is available in the following liquid forms:
- Oral liquid solution
- Injectable solution
- High potency injectable solution
The tablet form of Hydromorphone is also available in different strength. Hydromorphone pills are available with the power of 2 mg, 4 mg, and 8 mg as an oral tablet. Hydromorphone 2mg is the best initial dose for beginners. These pills are also available as extended-release form with the strength of 8 mg, 12 mg, 16 mg, 32 mg.
What are the side effects of Hydromorphone?
Using Hydromorphone more frequently and improperly may cause some unwanted effects. These effects may be harmful to users. Contact your doctor if any side effect occurs.
Some less common side effects
- Bloating or swelling of the face, arms, hand, lower legs or feet
- Bloody, black and tarry stools
- Blurred vision
- Changes in behavior
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Fast, pounding, slow, or irregular heartbeat
- Lightheadedness, dizziness or fainting
- Stomach pain, cramping, and burning
- Vomiting with the material that looks like coffee grounds, severe or continuing
Some less common side effects of Hydromorphone
- Bleeding after defecation
- Progressive ringing or buzzing or other unexplained noise in the ears.
- Delusions of persecution, mistrust, combativeness
- Excess air or gas in the stomach
- Facing of constant movement of self or surroundings
- Loss in sexual ability, desire, drive or performance
- Seeing and hearing
things that are not there, etc.
It is not a full list of side effects; you may face some other side effects too. Talk to your health advisor if you get any problem while using Hydromorphone.
How long does Hydromorphone stay in your system?
If your doctor prescribed you to take Hydromorphone, it is essential to know that how long does it stay in our system. This medication stays differently in the human body according to the form of the drug.
When you take Hydromorphone orally, it starts working in 15 minutes and reaches its peak in 30 minutes. The half-life of Hydromorphone is about hours, and it stays in the body for 2 to 3 days.
Start working: 5 minutes
Half-life: 2 to 3 hours
The whole life in the body: 3 or more than 3 days
Start working: 15 minutes
Half-life: 3 hours
Whole, active presence in the body: approximately three days
Although we can say that it stays in the body, about 3 days.