Showing all 3 results
Ritalin is the brand name version of the drug Methylphenidate. It is a stimulant medication helpful in managing symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and narcolepsy. This medicine is a stimulant substance, meaning it interferes with the brain’s normal functioning to achieve its desired effects.
Ritalin changes the brain’s chemical composition and increases dopamine levels, a feel-good substance that the human mind releases naturally to reward positive or enjoyable behavior. This drug can make a person come back for more by artificially inflating the number of dopamine neurotransmitters. This drug’s uncontrolled use can cause problems of abuse and addiction.
Due to the possibility of misuse and addiction, the authorities classified it as a controlled medication, which means its production and distribution are limited and supervised by government authorities. As per the law, a person needs to have a doctor’s prescription to buy Ritalin online or offline.
How does Ritalin work?
This medicine belongs to the CNS or central nervous system stimulant class of drugs. These medications work by triggering the excessive release of neurotransmitters dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain. These chemicals provide a feel-good effect that causes a person to relax and increase their ability to concentrate. The results of this drug also help people focus and curb their urge to be overly active.
This medicine’s effects on the brain can alter its functioning, so doctors only recommend this drug for short-term use. Many people build a tolerance to this medicine or experience severe harmful effects that this drug’s benefits become negligible in the long-run.
If you plan to use this drug, ask a doctor about the appropriate treatment duration for your condition before deciding to buy Ritalin online to avoid side effects and possible addiction.
How to take Ritalin?
Try to use this medicine as prescribed by your doctor to achieve its maximum benefits and prevent its side effects. The doctor can change your dosage depending on how your body reacts to this medicine or if you start to develop some adverse symptoms. Try to follow your doctor’s recommendation and prescription label of this drug to avoid any risk. Also, avoid taking more than the recommended quantity of this medication or longer than the prescribed period because it can cause an overdose and increase your chances of developing an addiction.
You can consume the Ritalin SR (extended-release) at least 30-40 minutes before a meal to get the best results. Using this drug might result in sleeping problems, so avoid consuming it close to bedtime.
This medicine can be habit-forming and not suitable for people with a history of substance abuse. Avoid sharing it with others and follow the medication guide that you get with it when you buy Ritalin online to keep yourself from becoming addicted to this drug.
Avoid crushing, breaking, or chewing on the sustained-release tablet because that can make it release too much of the medicine at once, which can be dangerous for your health.
The appropriate dose of the medicine depends on various factors including:
- Type of condition
- The severity of the problem
- Other medical issues that a person has
- How the body reacts to the first dose
- Other medications that you are taking
Due to these factors, Ritalin dosage varies from person to person. So, it is best to ask a healthcare professional about the most optimum dose for your condition. You can find the dosage information on the medication label that comes with the drug when you order Ritalin online.
The typical Ritalin dosages are as follows:
- Start with 20-30mg per day.
- Divide the dose in 2-3 times a day.
- The initial dose is 5mg.
- Take the drug twice a day.
- Increase the quantity by 5-10mg at weekly intervals.
What to know before taking Ritalin?
The following points are vital to know before deciding to buy Ritalin online or at a local pharmacy. Knowledge of these things can help you protect against this drug’s severe side effects.
- Those with medical conditions like glaucoma, tics, or Tourette’s syndrome, or severe anxiety, or agitation should stay clear of this medicine.
- This medicine can also be harmful to people with heart problems and high blood pressure problems, as it can cause stroke, heart attack, or sudden death.
- People who used an MAO inhibitor in the last 14 days should also refrain from using this medicine.
- This medication is not suitable to use for children below six years of age.
- You may need to stop using this medicine if you need surgery; tell the surgeon ahead of time to avoid facing complications during the procedure.
- Alcohol and marijuana can amplify this drug’s side effects, so avoid consuming them while using Ritalin.
- Prolonged use of this medicine can affect a child’s growth rate, weight, and final height. Doctors might suggest briefly stopping this drug use from time to time to avoid such issues.
- Control older people’s dosage carefully, as they can be more susceptible to this medicine’s adverse effects.
- Try not to use this drug without consulting a doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- It might cause undesirable effects on infants by passing into breastmilk, try avoiding this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
What are the side effects of Ritalin?
Ritalin can cause some mild side effects to its user; these are generally not much harmful and vanish in the span of days to weeks and generally don’t need treatment to resolve. However, in some cases, people can encounter this medication’s severe side effects that can be life-threatening and require immediate medical attention. This risk of facing severe adverse effects is higher for people who buy Ritalin online and use it without consulting with a doctor.
Try to use this medicine as recommended by the doctor to minimize your risk of facing its adverse effects.
Common side effects
- Upset stomach
- Decreased appetite
Severe side effects
- Shortness of breath
- Increased heart rate
- Increased blood pressure
- Chest pain
- Slurred speech
- Weakness in one side of the body
- Liver damage
- Blood circulation problems
- Prolonged and painful erections