Showing all 3 results
What is Phentermine?
Phentermine is a prescription medication that helps decrease a person’s appetite. It influences the central nervous system and increases the blood pressure and heart rate to suppress hunger. Doctors usually recommend using this medicine in combination with dietary changes and exercise to manage obesity.
This medicine can reduce the risk of weight-related health problems, including heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and shorter life span, all of which come with obesity. Because this drug works on the central nervous system, it can have some severe side effects if not used carefully, so before you decide to buy Phentermine online or offline, make sure to talk with a doctor about its effects on the body and brain.
How does Phentermine work?
Phentermine triggers a release of norepinephrine in the brain. It can also increase the levels of dopamine and serotonin in the synapses. The control of hunger is a cognitive process controlled by various nuclei in the hypothalamus. This drug changes the brain’s chemical levels and triggers a reaction that makes the mind reduce food craving.
This drug also helps break down the fat cells to release energy so the body won’t demand food to carry out its functions. Phentermine attacks the obesity problem in two ways – first, it incases the body’s energy consumption by increasing heart rate and blood pressure. Secondly, it speeds up the breakdown of fat cells to use the stored energy and reduce weight. You can experience this drug’s best effects when you combine it with exercise and the calorie-controlled diet.
How to use Phentermine?
It is a potent medication, and you should consume it as your doctor recommends. Follow the prescription and medication guide that you get when you buy Phentermine online to avoid encountering this drug’s adverse effects. Keep in touch with the doctor while using this medicine as they can alter your dosage occasionally according to the progress you make during the treatment period.
Avoid using it for more than the prescribed period and more than the recommended amount. Increasing its quantity will not enhance its effects; instead, it increases its severe and life-threatening side effects.
Only use this medicine for short periods because its efficacy wears off after a few weeks.
Doctors determine the most optimal dosage for an individual based on the following factors:
- Their condition
- The severity of the problem
- Other mental or physical issues they have
Try not to alter the prescribed dose because this medicine’s misuse and overdose can cause severe side effects, including death.
The standard Phentermine dosage is as per the following:
- Take 8mg of the drug.
- Consume it three times a day, usually, 30 minutes before meals.
- The doctor might increase or decrease the dose based on your body’s response to this medicine.
What to know before taking Phentermine?
The use of Phentermine can lead to some undesirable effects if you don’t take proper precautions during the treatment. People often buy Phentermine online and start using it without consulting a doctor and face severe side effects. To get this drug’s maximum benefit and prevent harmful effects, go through the points mentioned below:
- Try not to use this medication if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Avoid consuming this drug without consulting a healthcare professional if you have any mental or physical health issues.
- Those who used an MAO inhibitor in the last 14 days should not use this medicine.
- Inform the doctor if you don’t lose at least four pounds in four weeks.
- When terminating the treatment, don’t abruptly stop using it. Ask the doctor to taper off the quantity gradually to avoid the risk of developing unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
- Avoid consuming alcohol or marijuana with this medicine, as these substances can increase this drug’s side effects.
- Try checking your blood sugar regularly while using this medicine if you have diabetes.
- The tablet version of this drug that dissolves in the mouth contains aspartame, causing problems in people with phenylketonuria (PKU).
- You might have to temporarily stop this medicine’s consumption if you are to undergo surgery. Tell the surgeon about using this drug to prevent complications during the procedure.
What are the side effects of Phentermine?
Phentermine is a stimulant medication that alters the brain’s functioning. It is a potent drug that can have either mild or severe side effects, depending on how you use it. Usually, you don’t face its adverse effects, and if you do, these will be mild and fade away in 4-5 days without any medical intervention. But if you buy Phentermine online and use it more than the required quantity, you expose yourself to the risk of encountering severe side effects that need immediate medical attention or become life-threatening.
Common side effects
- Dry mouth
- Bad taste in the mouth
Serious side effects
- Chest pain
- Swelling of legs and ankles
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular heartbeat
- High blood pressure
- Erectile dysfunction
What drug to avoid while using Phentermine?
Consuming Phentermine with certain mediations can result in severe side effects. Try to avoid combining this medicine with other drugs without consulting a doctor to avoid exposing yourself to potentially life-threatening conditions.
Stay clear of the following drug while using Phentermine:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs): isocarboxazid, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, tranylcypromine
- Serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs): fluoxetine, sertraline, fluvoxamine, paroxetine, citalopram, escitalopram, nefazodone
- Other weight loss drug: amphetamine, benzphetamine, dextroamphetamine, diethylpropion, phendimetrazine