Showing all 2 results
Ativan is a brand name of Lorazepam, which is a benzodiazepine medication. Ativan is primarily used to treat trouble sleeping, an anxiety disorder. You may buy Ativan online for the treatment of active seizures, including status epilepticus and alcohol withdrawal and chemotherapy-induced vomiting and nausea.
Ativan may also be used along with other treatments for acute coronary syndrome due to cocaine use. In some cases, Ativan is also used during the surgery to interfere with memory formation and sedate to the patients.
Its generic version was initially patented in the year 1963 and went on sale in the U.S. market in 1977. Ativan is one of the most effective and safe medicines needed in the health system according to the world health organizations’ list of essential medicines. Thus, it is an approved medication, and you may order Ativan online from any place of the U.S.
How does Ativan work?
There is not any exact idea of how Ativan work. But experts believe that it affects the central nervous system by producing a calming effect and provide help from anxiety and others.
Dosage forms and strengths
Tablet- Schedule IV
Oral concentrate- Schedule IV
- 2 mg/mL
Injectable solution- Schedule IV
- 2 mg/mL
- 4 mg/mL
Dosage for the treatment
- Initial dosage: 2 mg to 3 mg for 8 to 12 hours
- Maintenance dosage: 2 mg to 6 mg per day in divided dosages
- Maximum dosage: 10 mg per day.
You may take 2 mg to 4 mg at bedtime.
Anxiety relief, preoperative sedation, and anterograde Amnesia
0.05 mg/kg IM for 1 dosage, take it before 2 hours of the surgery, do not take more than 4 mg of the drug.
0.044 mg/kg IV for dose, take it before 2 hours of the surgery, do not take more than 4 mg of the drug.
- Ativan may be used with or without food by mouth. It is good to take it as a split dose with the largest dose just before bedtime when used to treat anxiety.
- You should take it exactly as prescribed by your doctor and don’t increase or decrease your dosage without the advice of your doctor.
- Also, taking drugs through overdosage may cause some severe symptoms, which will not be good for you.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly after taking it for a long time. Therefore, doing such a job may cause withdrawal symptoms.
- You are advised to avoid taking other drugs or alcohol while using Ativan; it can increase or decrease the effects of medication and chances of side effects.
- Also, make sure not to drive a car, bus, or another vehicle while using Ativan.
Some medications may interact with Ativan and increase or decrease the effects of the drug. However, drug interaction may cause some adverse effects.
Some common medications that can interact with Ativan including,
- Benzodiazepines such as oxazepam and diazepam
- Morphine and oxycodone
- Theophylline, etc.
This type of drug may cause some severe and frequent side effects. Side effects of Ativan do not occur usually but may possibly due to some adverse conditions.
Therefore, take immediate medical consultation and treatment if you have any of the below-given effects.
- Calm and relaxed
- Stomach pain or abdominal
- Angry or aggressive
- Force or assault
- Black, tarry stools
- Blood in the stools and urine
- Bleeding gums
- Bluish skin and lips
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- An unusual or false sense of well-being
- Irregular or fast heartbeat
- Feeling empty or sad
- Fever with or without chills
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- vomiting of blood, etc.
The above-given list does not contain all the side effects of Ativan; some others may also be possible.
You are advised to take medical help if you see any abnormal physical change while using Ativan.